> What is an Adult Developmental Home? An Adult Developmental Home is a family home in the community which provides support to up to three adults who have a developmental disability and need some level of support.
> What is a Child Developmental Home? An Child Developmental Home is a family home in the community which provides support children who have a developmental disability and need some level of support.
> Are there supports and training available?
When you become an Adult or Child Developmental Home provider, you will receive:
- One to one assistance to meet state licensing standards.
- Training in all requirements and expectations.
- Monthly payments based on the support needs of the individual(s) living in your home.
- Ongoing assistance, as needed, from experienced staff.
> What are some of the requirements?
General licensing requires that an applicant must:
- Must be at Least 21 Years of Age.
- Applicants May be Singled or Married.
- All Applicants Must be Fingerprinted for a Criminal Records Check.
- The Home Must be Inspected for Safety and Sanitation.
- All Applicants Must Pass a Home Fire Inspection.
- Applicants Must Have an Income That Now Provides for the Family.
- Applicants Need to Have Employment Hours That are Compatible With the Child's School Schedule or Supervision Needs.
- Applicants Need to Have Adequate Transportation, a Driver's License and Vehicle Insurance.
- Applicants Must Submit a Doctor’s Statement as to Their Physical and Emotional Ability to Care for Children.
- All Applicants are Required to Provide Personal References From Individuals Who Know You as a Family.
- Applicants Must Go Through a Complete Pre-Service Education.
- Applicants Must Have First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certification.
- All Pools and Spas Must be Appropriately Fenced.
- Fire Extinguishers and Smoke Detectors in the Home Must be in Proper Working Order.
- All Guns and Ammunition Must be Locked Separately.
- All Applicants Must Have Adequate Bedrooms and Space in the Home.
> What will I be paid for my care and support?
Adult and Child Developmental Home Providers are paid a flat fee for room and board and a fee for support based on the needs of the individual(s).