Requirements for People to Participate in the S.T.A.R.S. Program
The S.T.A.R.S. program has requirements to provide care for children and adults with developmental disabilities. Here is a list of some of those requirements:
- Must be at Least 21 Years of Age.
- Applicants May be Singled or Married.
- All Applicants Must be Fingerprinted for a Criminal Records Check.
- The Home Must be Inspected for Safety and Sanitation.
- All Applicants Must Pass a Home Fire Inspection.
- Applicants Must Have an Income That Now Provides for the Family.
- Applicants Need to Have Employment Hours That are Compatible With the Child's School Schedule or Supervision Needs.
- Applicants Need to Have Adequate Transportation, a Driver's License and Vehicle Insurance.
- Applicants Must Submit a Doctor’s Statement as to Their Physical and Emotional Ability to Care for Children.
- All Applicants are Required to Provide Personal References From Individuals Who Know You as a Family.
- Applicants Must Go Through a Complete Pre-Service Education.
- Applicants Must Have First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certification.
- All Pools and Spas Must be Appropriately Fenced.
- Fire Extinguishers and Smoke Detectors in the Home Must be in Proper Working Order.
- All Guns and Ammunition Must be Locked Separately.
- All Applicants Must Have Adequate Bedrooms and Space in the Home.
A S.T.A.R.S. representative from The Tungland Corporation will be able to help explain all of these requirements to you. To contact a S.T.A.R.S representative in your area, please Click Here.